There are a plethora of healthy snacks to eat from fruits to vegetables and more. It comes down to figuring out the best combinations to put together to create that perfect snack. It’s tempting to eat salty snacks such as chips, or even beef jerky.
Delicious Papaya-Berry Yogurt Parfait
I learned about this delicious recipe not too long ago and I must say it was very tasty. This parfait has a mixture of blackberries, raspberries, mint, granola, papaya and yogurt. I would recommend using Greek yogurt to add more protein to your snack. If you don’t have any blackberries or raspberries then you can use any other berries such as blueberries or strawberries.
The ingredients for the fruit parfait makes 6 servings:
1 papaya (at least 1 pound) peeled, half it lengthwise, cut into ½ inch cubes and discard the seeds
3 (5.3 ounces) of plain nonfat Greek yogurt
5 tablespoons of natural honey
1 and ½ teaspoons of grated lemon zest plus 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 piece of about 2 inches of fresh ginger
6 ounces of fresh blackberries
6 ounces of fresh raspberries, if you don’t have either of those then fresh blueberries or strawberries will be fine to use for the parfait.
¼ cup of freshly chopped mint
Use several sprigs of chopped fresh mint for garnish (optional)
½ cup of granola
1. Combine yogurt, 3 tbsps of honey and lemon zest in a small bowl to set aside.
2. Grate the ginger into a small bowl and squeeze the ginger through strainer placed over a small or medium sized bowl to get 1 tablespoon of ginger juice. Throw away the pulp.
3. Add the remaining 2 tbsps of honey and lemon juice by whisking it.
4. Add the remaining ingredients – papaya, blackberries, and raspberries.
5. To serve – spoon at least half of the juices and fruit into six 8-ounce tall glasses. Sprinkle on the chopped mint over the mixture then top it with half of the granola and yogurt mix. Layer in the remaining yogurt, granola, and yogurt. Add the sprig mint garnish (optional).