Most of us have suffered with stomachaches at some point of our lives. But know what the causes are behind your stomachache and find out what the culprits are behind your suffering.
Reasons for Stomachaches
· Gallstones- Gallstones cause swelling which can block the duct into the intestine and resulting into pain.
· Pancreatitis- This refers to the inflammation of the pancreas which can cause burning pain in the middle or upper abdomen.
· Gerd- GERD refers to the gastro esophageal reflux disease which can cause pain in the lower chest also known as heartburn and in the upper stomach.
· Lactose Intolerance- Lactose intolerance causes bloating, diarrhea, mild abdominal pain, indigestion and burping.
· Medication side effects- Since, all drugs have side effects; sometimes the side effects of the drugs include abdominal pain.
There are also foods that you must avoid when you are still recovering from a stomachache.
a. Refined sugar- Foods containing refined sugar can lead to fluctuations in the blood sugar.
b. Dairy- Milk and cheese are just two examples of dairy products and considered as the top of the list of a "NO" foods when you're suffering from a stomach upset.
c. Soda- The ingredients of soda including carbonation, citric acid and its preservative sodium benzoate can be hard on the stomach.
d. Chocolate and Caffeine- Chocolate and caffeine are considered irritating to an upset stomach because they relax the lower esophageal sphincter allowing acid reflux.
e. Fatty Foods- Fatty foods including cream, soft cheese and meats activate chemical receptors which slow down the emptying of the stomach.